Saturday, April 25, 2020

Anzac Day 2020

Today in Australia and New Zealand we honour our past and active Defence Force Members.  We thank them for their sacrifices and service.  With this year being so different we were unable to attend the traditional dawn service however it was encouraged for everyone to commemorate together on their own driveways at dawn.  It was exceptionally moving hearing the last post echo through the neighbourhood and then when the national anthem was played the kookaburras joined in. 

As we are home learning at the moment here in Melbourne, Archer and I made some lanterns for today's service during our "Art Class".  I think its really important these traditions are embraced by the next generation.


We used the fabulous Painted Poppies set and Make A difference and he was really proud of them, as was I.

Now I must confess I haven't been feeling at all crafty during this isolation period.  My mojo tends to disappear when I feel stressed and anxious which is definitely what has been happening of late.  However, with the new catalogue sneak peek for demos this week and having a crafty chat with the girls on Zoom on Friday night I got the urge today!  Being Anzac day I wanted to use the Painted Poppies set again which definitely hasn't had enough love from me.  Luckily this is carrying over to the next catalogue.  However the Designer Series Paper won't be and I wanted to showcase this with these cards and if you want to purchase some don't delay it won't last long!


 I love this paper so much I made a whole set!


These were quick and simple to make as I think the DSP is a gorgeous feature. 

Here is what I used:
Stamps: Timeless Tulips (sentiment)
Card/Paper: Flirty Flamingo C/S, Blackberry Bliss C/S, Poppy Parade C/S, Basic Black C/S, Peaceful Poppies DSP
Ink: Versamark
Tools: Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder

I just love white embossing on black cardstock, it really makes that sentiment pop!

I hope you are all safe and well.  Hopefully my mojo is back for a little bit.  Remember to check out the Last Chance List for this DSP and heaps of other goodies.

Bec x

No comments: