Thursday, September 24, 2020

Using Those Scraps!

 I've made a series of cards from a few bits of retired DSP that I had hanging around.  This paper is a few years old but I've held onto the bits as I loved it.  I hate to waste my scraps so here are a few ideas on how you can make the most of your DSP and get more bang for your buck!

Firstly use your dies and punches.  For these three cards I've used by Stitched Triangle Dies which are quickly becoming firm favourites!  Super simple to come up with these quick cards.  Add a sentiment and some bling and your done.





This one was using some strips I had left over and was for the sketch over at Fusion Card Challenge.  Super quick and easy again and the sentiment makes the card. 



Those tiny strips that you have left over always make good flag end strips.  Here I just used a combination of coordinating DSP pieces.



My favourite thing to do with my DSP is fussy cut out designs that are included on alot of them.  This one featured cameras and camera related things.  I made a frame using my square dies to look like a polaroid type deal.  Add some more flag strips from scraps a sentiment and bling and hey presto you are done.



This one again using all scraps including the cardstock frame cut with stitched rectangles.  All those pieces were fussy cut (lucky I love fussy cutting).  Some circle punches and layering with dimensionals to add some pop and you are done.


Apart from my Whisper White card bases these were all made from scraps of DSP and cardstock.  Lets be honest we all have a heap of those lying about!

I hope this has inspired you to use up your scraps and make the most of your DSP. Its all too pretty to waste.

Happy crafting,

Bec x

No comments: