Monday, August 3, 2009

A little Aussie Season Midnight Madness!

This is my first go at a midnight madness sketch over on priscillastyles blog. I have started to think I am running out of time for Christmas cards so used this sketch to make one. I love all the traditional Christmas colours and cards out there but I also think sometimes we need a little bit of Aussie. We don't have snow or but definitely have lots of heat and sun. I think these colours reflect Australia for Christmas, all nice and earthy and natural, and I think this one will go OS this year.

Here is what I used:

Stamps: Season of Joy, Punches Three (Hostess Set)

Paper: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Holiday Harmony DSP (retired)

Ink: Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate (retired)

Accessories: Linen Thread, Ric-rac, Circle Punch, Star Brad, Dimensionals

The sentiment I cut out from the stamp from Punches Three set - I cased this idea from the very clever Claire Daly check out her amazing blog for other great projects.

Thanks for stopping by I had fun making this today (can you hear that? - its the lovely sounds of a 2 year old sleeping - I can play!)

Bec

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

Oh I am just so thrilled you are joining us..I kept looking at your icon in my followers block..and that hippo is just too cute LOL very eye catching...ANYWAY, your card is just FANTASTIC.. I love your flowers..WOW..just an around AWESOME Christmas card. Thank you so much for joining us and I hope you come back week after week..we always make it fun at the Midnight Madness blog :) This money it is all about friends and freebies :)
Priscilla

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Lovely card and design!! I love the flowers. Thanks for playing with the MMSC sketch this week!

Carolyn said...

What a great card! The pink really brings attention to the image. Thank you for playing with us at the MMSC. Hope you will play again.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Patricia Garcia said...

These colors a fab, great card!!